Friday, June 8, 2012

Honey Beer Bread

We love beer. And we always have beer in our refrigerator. As soon as I saw this recipe I knew I had to make it.
This bread is insanely easy to make and it literally only takes 5 minutes to whip up the batter! It's easy as can be. Mix, bake, slice, enjoy! That's pretty much it. My absolute favorite thing about this bread is that it actually tastes like beer. It's awesome. And if you want to get a little crazy throw a handful of cheddar cheese into the batter!

Honey Beer Bread (Recipe adapted from Tasty Kitchen)
Ingredients:
3 cups all-purpose flour (I used 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour and 1 1/2 cups all purpose)
2 Tbsp. sugar (I used brown sugar)
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. honey or agave nectar
1 bottle (12 ounces) beer (I used my favorite: Blue Moon)
4 Tbsp. (half stick) butter, melted

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9″ x 5″ x 3″ inch loaf pan.

In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Using the paddle attachment, slowly stir the beer and honey into the dry ingredients until just mixed. DO NOT OVER MIX.

Pour half the melted butter into the loaf pan. Then spoon the batter into the pan, and pour the rest of the butter on top of the batter. 

Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until top is golden brown and a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Serve immediately.

2 comments:

  1. I am so making this tonight! This sounds easy and so good! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!