Do you have just have an intense urge for something chocolate? Well, that was me yesterday...along with every other day. I came across this awesome recipe for brownies using Greek yogurt. I've kind of been on this crazy yogurt kick lately. I guess I never realized how many recipes you could use it in...and everything so far has tasted amazing! Oh and an added bonus: it's healthier! :)
Since I decided to use a practically fat free recipe, I didn't feel so bad adding an entire bar of Hershey's Cookies N' Cream right smack in the middle of the brownies! The added layer of white chocolate and cookie goodness is ammaaaazing! The batter is a bit thin, which caused the chocolate bar to sink to the bottom...but trust me, the taste is all there. These brownies are super moist, chocolatey, and fudgy!
3/4 semi-sweet chocolate chips + additional 1/4 cup for batter
1 cup Greek yogurt, fat free
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup flour
1 whole egg plus 1 egg white
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water
1 Hershey's Cookies N' Cream chocolate bar (4oz)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt 3/4 cup chocolate chips in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir and melt in 30 second intervals, stirring after each time, until melted.
- Pour yogurt in a large bowl. Add the melted chocolate, sugar, eggs, and vanilla to the yogurt and stir to combine.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the chocolate/yogurt mixture and stir until just combined. Add water and stir until incorporated. Fold in the 1/4 chocolate chips.
- Line an 8″x8″ oven safe baking dish with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Pour half of the batter evenly into the baking dish and top with pieces of the cookies and cream chocolate bar. Pour the other half of the brownie batter on top and spread to make even. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.