Key Lime Cupcakes
1 box white cake mix
1 1/3 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 tbsp key lime juice
1 tbsp lime zest (about 1 lime) plus extra for garnish
Key Lime Cream Cheese Frosting (recipe follows)
Crushed graham crackers for garnish
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees.
2. Combine cake mix, eggs, water, oil, and key lime juice in a bowl with a hand mixer. Fold in lime zest.
3. Fill cupcake liners about 3/4 full with an ice cream scoop.
4. Bake for 18-21 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Key Lime Cream Cheese Frosting
1 8 oz package cream cheese (room temperature)
4 tbsp butter (room temperature)
1 tsp vanilla
4 cups powdered sugar
2 tsp key lime juice (may need extra to thin out the icing)
1. Combine softened butter, cream cheese, and vanilla in a mixer.
2. Slowly add in powdered sugar.
3. Add key lime juice one tablespoon at a time until you get the desired consistency for frosting.