Sunday, June 17, 2012

Chocolate OREO Cookie Cake

The only word for this cake is heavenly. No other word could possibly describe it. It's just...everything I could ever want in a cake. 
chocolate. 
oreos.
cool whip.
cream cheese.
 Are you drooling all over your keyboard yet??
I made this cake for father's day and it was quite a hit. The best part is that I even tried to make it somewhat "healthier" and it worked! I don't know if you can really make a chocolate covered oreo cookie cake healthy, but at least I didn't feel that bad eating a slice...or two. 
I will probably never make a boxed cake with eggs and oil again. I substituted Greek yogurt and it turned out to be the most amazing cake. I also added some coffee to boost the chocolate flavor! Moist, velvety, and rich. Seriously good. Shout out to Dr. Oz for sharing the cake recipe on his show! :) 

I promise this cake will not disappoint!

Oreo Cookie Cake (Recipe adapted from Kraft)
Ingredients:
1 pkg. (2-layer size) devil's food cake mix
1 cup Greek yogurt, fat free
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup brewed coffee, cooled
4 squares semi-sweet chocolate
1/4 cup butter
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened, reduced fat
1/2 cup sugar
1 pkg thawed cool whip topping, fat free
15 Oreo cookies, coarsely crushed, reduced fat

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine cake mix, Greek yogurt, coffee, and water. Pour batter evenly into to two greased 9 inch round cake pans. Bake for 25-30 minutes.

Microwave chocolate and butter in small microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min. or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Cool 5 min. Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with mixer until blended. Gently stir in COOL WHIP and crushed cookies.

Place 1 cake layer on plate, spread with cream cheese mixture. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread top with chocolate glaze; let stand 10 min. or until firm. Keep refrigerated.




2 comments:

  1. Yes. I just needed to wipe off my space bar thankyouverymuch. That looks so insanely good!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!