These brownies are a twist on the classic "poor man's" turtles. We make them every year for Thanksgiving and Christmas...you take a pretzel, place a Rolo on top, pop it in the oven until it's slightly melted, and then top it with a pecan. AH-MAZING! It's seriously the easiest dessert ever and soooo freakin' good!
So I decided to make those delicious turtles in brownie form. The saltiness from the pretzels just adds something amazing to sweet and rich desserts!
This recipe is a quick and easy way to jazz up a standard brownie that takes a normal dessert to the next level!
Salted Caramel Pretzel Crunch Brownies
Ingredients:1 box fudge brownie mix
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 bag (14oz) caramels
1 tablespoon milk
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup pretzels, coarsely crushed
1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x9 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine brownie mix, water, oil, and egg. Spread into pan. Bake for 28-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out almost clean. Cool for about 5 minutes.
- While the brownies are baking, in medium bowl, microwave caramels and milk uncovered for 20 second intervals, stirring until completely melted. Stir in salt. Pour over warm brownies.
- Sprinkle pretzels and pecans over the caramel and lightly press down so they all stick to the caramel.
- Microwave the chocolate chips for 30-35 seconds and stir until smooth. Drizzle over brownies.
- Refrigerate brownies for at least 10 minutes before cutting.