Saturday, October 29, 2011

Falling into FUN!

There's nothing better than a season change. The colors, the cool air, and the FOOD! It's officially fall, my absolute favorite season of the year. I just love the smell of apples, cinnamon, pumpkins, and a warm and cozy fire. I spent days trying to find the perfect decorations for our little apartment, but it isn't official until we pick out the perfect pumpkins to carve. This year we went to Southern Belle Farm in McDonough. 






After carving my scary spider and Evan's goofy jack-o-lantern...our next task was pumpkin seeds! 




I'm not a big fan of pumpkin flavored desserts, so I decided to stick to the seeds. Some people like the seeds without the shells, but we kept the shells on. Evan likes them spicy so I found at great recipe at Elana's Pantry.

Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup pumpkin seeds
  • 2 teaspoons olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  •  
  • Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
Place pumpkin seeds on foil lined baking sheet.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool and serve.
Makes 1 cup of spicy pumpkin seeds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!