Monday, October 31, 2011

Baked Apple Chips


I love apples. What I love more is the fact that you can find them year round. Since apple season is in full swing now, I've been trying to put them in anything and everything. We went to Whole Foods last Sunday and their produce section was lined with every apple variety you could imagine. So naturally I bought a ton of them. As we were checking out I saw a bag of baked apple chips and I thought these would probably be pretty easy to make...and I figured they would taste even better fresh. Boy was I right. They were DELISH. This is the perfect healthy treat, and plus they make your house (or apartment) smell amazing! :)

Apple Chips
  • 2 gala or granny smith apples
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • ½ tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
  • Don't worry about coring the apples, just slice them super thin and remove the seeds. (A mandolin would definitely be easier to slice the apples, but I didn't have one. Patience and a steady hand are key!)
  • Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the apple slices on the sheet. 
  • Sprinkle with cinnamon, sugar, and salt.
  • Bake for about an hour until the apple slices are crisp. If they are still soft after an hour, continue baking for another 30 minutes to an hour. Depending on the thickness of each slice it may take a little longer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!