If you haven't checked out Sally's Baking Addiction...I highly recommend you do! She is an amazing baker and has some of the most delicious recipes. I took her chewy chocolate chunk cookie recipe and added some colorful mini M&M’s. And since you know I'm obsessed with sweet and salty, I threw in some crushed pretzels too. They add the perfect amount of crunch and salt to the cookie.
People are always asking me, "what do you do with all those treats you bake?". Well, unless we're really in the mood for something sweet, most of the goodies end up gifts to my parents, in-laws, friends, neighbors, co-workers...anyone we can get them to! So needless to say, these were perfect for our Christmas lunch at work.
Pretzel M&M Cookies
Recipe adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction
2 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 and 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
3/4 cup light brown sugar, loosely packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup mini M&Ms
1 cup pretzels, broken in to pieces
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt and cornstarch; set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the melted butter and both brown and white sugars.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla and continue to whisk until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix with a large spoon until just combined.
- Fold in the M&Ms and pretzel pieces. Chill dough for at least one hour or overnight.
- Use a cookie scoop to roll the dough into balls (about 3 tablespoons).
- Bake for 11-12 minutes and cool completely on a wire rack.