Salty + sweet.
Peanut butter + chocolate.
These little balls of sweet peanut butter and bits of crunchy pretzels, dipped in chocolate are seriously dangerous. Dangerous and oh so delicious! Good luck eating just one, or two...or ten.
The peanut butter filling is like eating the center of a Reese’s peanut butter cup. Amaaazzzing.
Perfect bite-size pieces of heaven. You really need to make these right now. Dooo itt.
Peanut Butter + Pretzel Truffles
Recipe adapted from Annie's Eats
1 cup whole tiny twist pretzels
1/4 cup creamy all natural peanut butter
3 oz cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3 tablespoons peanut butter, slightly melted
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper; set aside.
- Place pretzels in a resealable plastic bag and crush the pretzels into small bits using a rolling pin; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, cream cheese, brown sugar, and powdered sugar until completely blended and smooth. Add the pretzel bits and mix thoroughly. Chill in the freezer until firm, about 15 minutes.
- Shape into balls. Place on prepared pan and place in the freezer until firm, at least 15 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl, stirring every 20-230 seconds until completely melted. Add in shortening and still until smooth.
- Dip balls in chocolate using a spoon or a fork and place on a waxed paper lined baking sheet. (I did about 3 at at time.) Keep the other undipped balls in the freezer until ready to dip.
- Once you have covered all the balls in chocolate, place in the refrigerator until the chocolate coating is set. Once the coating is set melt the peanut butter and drizzle over each truffle. Return to refrigerator until drizzle is set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.