Monday, July 22, 2013

Peach and Ginger Frozen Yogurt

It might be time to go back to school, but the weather still feels like summer! This is my last week of summer break so I'm soaking up as much sunshine as possible. Along with the sunshine, I'm also taking advantage of the amazingly delicious peaches I found at the farmer's market.

We received an ice cream maker as a wedding present and I couldn't wait to use it. This frozen yogurt is super simple to make and absolutely delicious. It has a bit of tartness from the yogurt, but the sweetness from the peaches and honey is the perfect compliment.
I am kind of obsessed with Greek yogurt. I buy a huge container every time I go to the grocery store. I just can't help it. I use it in everything and it's so good for you! 

Peaches + Greek yogurt + honey + ginger. It just doesn't get much easier than that. In about 20 minutes you have the perfect guilt-free summer treat! 


Peach and Ginger Frozen Yogurt
Ingredients:4 ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
1/4 cup honey
2 cups Greek yogurt
1 tsp finely grated ginger

Directions:With a food processor, puree peaches. Add in honey, yogurt, and ginger. Continue to puree until smooth. Pour into an ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's instructions. (Mine took about 25 minutes). Freeze for an additional 2 hours or until firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!