Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Kale Chips

I don’t know why I resisted making kale chips for so long.
Everyone seems to be blogging, tweeting, facebooking, and instagramming about how delicious and healthy they are. So...here I am. I'm jumping on the bandwagon and joining the kale chips CRAZE! I seem to be about two years late to the party...but better late than never, right?
Talk about a recipe that is super easy and satisfying — after only 12 minutes in the oven, the kale had reached a gorgeous dark green color, was perfectly crisp, and ready to be devoured! I read a lot of recipes where you could season them with a million different spices, but I figured since this was my first attempt I would keep it simple. 
Olive oil + salt = perfection.
These are the perfect snack. Oh, and by the way, in case you didn't know...they’re pretty good for you, too.   :-)

Kale Chips
Ingredients:
1 bunch fresh kale leaves, well-washed and dried
2 Tbsp. olive oil
coarse sea salt

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
  • Rinse the kale leaves, then put them in a salad spinner and spin away. After it comes out, dry it even more with paper towels. You want the leaves to be very dry.
  • Using a knife, chop the kale into bite-size pieces (about an inch). Place pieces in a large bowl, and drizzle with olive oil. Using your hands, massage the kale until the leaves are evenly coated with the oil.
  • Lay the kale pieces out evenly on the parchment-lined baking sheet, and then sprinkle with salt. Bake for about 12 minutes, or until kale is dark green and crunchy. Remove from oven, let cool, and then serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!