Thursday, March 14, 2013

Strawberry Tart

I don't usually buy strawberries this early in the year but Publix was having an awesome deal the other day, so I couldn't resist...3 for $5 is a steal!
I've been wanting to use my new tart pan so when these beautiful strawberries came along it wasn't difficult to decide what to make! Ever since I saw this strawberry cream cheese tart on Pinterest I knew I had to try it out.
This tart is sweet, fresh and satisfying. It's the perfect blend of berries, smooth cream cheese and a hint of chocolate. I could eat this for breakfast, lunch and dinner... and maybe for a snack too!

If you're a fan of strawberries like me, you might also want to check out my Strawberry Cupcakes, Strawberry Basil Cake, Strawberry Cheesecake, or Strawberries and Cream Bars.

ENJOY! :)
Strawberry Tart
Ingeredients:
1 Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crust
1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
2 tbsp butter
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp fresh lemon zest
1 pint (2 cups) strawberries, quartered

Directions:
  • Heat oven to 350°F. Make pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell using 9-inch tart pan. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
  • In a microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and butter. Melt for 10 second intervals and stir until smooth. Spread chocolate in bottom of cooled baked shell. Refrigerate 1 hour.
  • In small bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add in vanilla and lemon zest and combine. Carefully spread over chocolate layer in shell.
  • Place strawberries evenly over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!