Friday, February 24, 2012

Nutella Marshmallow Turnovers

Oh, Nutella. How do I even begin to explain my love for this stuff? I always have it on hand because it’s probably the best thing anyone has ever put in a jar. Nutella on graham crackers, baked into treats, drizzled over ice cream, or my personal favorite: straight out of the jar, directly from spoon to mouth.
There’s something about this hazelnut chocolate spread, I just can’t seem to get enough of it! I spent the majority of this week "pinning" recipe after recipe...when I remembered this recipe a friend of mine from work had sent me. He sent it to me back in December and I had completely forgotten about it until now! The original recipe was for Nutella Marshmallow Pillow Pockets from Picky Palate. I only had to make a few changes to use the ingredients I already had on hand. I used ready made pie dough because it’s so convenient and the end result was flaky, warm, sweet chocolate, and hazelnutty heaven.
 Spread a teaspoon of Nutella onto the center of each pastry leaving a 1/8 inch border around edges. 
Top with mini marshmallows and fold over to form a little triangle. 
Crimp edges firmly with a fork. (Make sure it's sealed!)
Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar. 
Uh oh...YUM!

Nutella Marshmallow Turnovers
Ingredients:
1 package ready made pie dough, (I used one of the 8 inch rounds)
1/2 cup Nutella
1/2 cup mini marshmallows
Egg white wash: 1 egg white whisked with 1 tablespoon water

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roll out the pied dough into a rectangle and cut out 8 even squares. 
  • Spread a teaspoon of Nutella onto the center of each pastry leaving an 1/8 inch border around edges. 
  • Top with about 2-4 mini marshmallows and fold over to form a little triangle. Crimp edges firmly with a fork. 
  • Brush with egg white wash then sprinkle with granulated sugar. 
  • Bake for 22-25 minutes or until pastry just turns golden. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before serving. 

3 comments:

Please leave a comment!