Sunday, February 19, 2012

Lemon Cookies with White Chocolate

I was searching the Internet the other day for something SWEET to make and I fell upon this recipe and thought I would give it a try. These are perfect to make during the spring and summer months. The cookies are soft and buttery with a hint of lemon. The flavor isn't overwhelming, it's just right and refreshing. I really like the chewy and soft center with the crunchy, crackled top. The combination of lemon and white chocolate is pretty wonderful too! :)
Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons lemon zest
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
8 oz white chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Whisk and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, add granulated sugar and lemon zest. Rub the sugar and lemon zest together with your fingers, until fragrant.
4. Beat butter and sugar/lemon mixture together until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
5. Slowly beat in flour mixture on low speed until blended. Drop dough by tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Gently flatten dough with the palm of your hand.
6. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until cookies are just set and slightly golden brown. Cool cookies on baking sheet for 2 minutes and transfer to cooking racks. Cool completely.
7. In a medium bowl, melt white chocolate in the microwave, stirring occasionally. Pour melted chocolate in a zip lock bag with the end cut off. Drizzle over cookies and let sit until chocolate has set.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

4 comments:

  1. Yum, these have me craving some lemon cookies bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - these look SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amey,

    I found your blog through Grateful Belly and I'm so glad I was browsing today. Your blog is wonderful and the recipes look delish. I can't wait to try these lemon cookies. I love lemon! I have a blog and would love it if you stopped by. www.michellestastycreations.blogspot.com. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!