Friday, September 16, 2011

Toffee Blondies

I've been trying to figure out what I should make next. I have some ideas for my next dessert creations, but haven't made them yet. I want them to combine sweet and savory flavors, with an autumn theme. Every magazine I have read lately is about apples, pumpkins, and cinnamon. I haven't baked in a while and I wanted to make something with ingredients I already had on hand. 
I had some left over toffee and chocolate chips so I figured this would be a great excuse to get rid of them. I love these blondies because they are so gooey on the inside! And honestly, anything with toffee, chocolate, and pecans has to be delicious! :)
What I loved even more about this recipe is the cute idea of giving the ingredients as gifts! I've seen a lot of different sites using this idea, but this one is my favorite! You can print the recipe cards at Baked Bree.

Toffee Blondies 
Ingredients:
1/4 cup melted butter
2 lightly beaten eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1/2 cup Heath Chips

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk the melted butter, eggs, and vanilla in a bowl. Slowly add in the flour, brown sugar, chocolate chips, baking powder, salt, pecans, and Heath chips. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated. Spread mixture into a greased 8x8 baking pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the edges start to pull away from the pan. Cool and cut into 16 bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!