Sunday, January 12, 2014

Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal

I've had a bunch of overripe bananas sitting on our kitchen counter for the past couple of days and I've been searching for a way to use them up so they don't go to waste. 

I'm kind of over banana bread at the moment. Don't get me wrong, I have made some pretty delicious ones in the past, but I was wanting something a little bit different this morning. I'm a huge fan of the peanut butter and banana combo and this totally hit the spot. 


This oatmeal is super easy to make and it literally only takes about 10 minutes! It's the perfect breakfast for those of us that don't have a lot of time in the morning. 


I topped mine with some toasted pecans, but brown sugar, maple syrup, or even some more peanut butter would be yummy! 



Similar recipes: Peanut Butter Banana Bread, Peanut Butter Pancakes, Peanut Butter and Banana Oatmeal Muffins

Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal
Ingredients: 
1 cup low fat milk
1/2 cup water
1 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 cup non fat Greek yogurt (I used Chobani's Vanilla non fat yogurt)
1 ripe mashed banana
1-2 tbsp light brown sugar (depending on how sweet you want it)
2 tbsp natural peanut butter
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp vanilla
optional toppings: chopped pecans, {more} peanut butter, cinnamon, maple syrup, brown sugar

Directions:
In a medium saucepan, bring milk and water just to a boil. 
Reduce the heat to medium-low and stir in Greek yogurt, oats, mashed banana, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and peanut butter. 
Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. 
Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. 
Cover and let it sit for about 3 minutes. 
Serve warm with chopped pecans or other toppings. 
Serves 2 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!