I made these for our celebration party and let me tell you, my students devoured them in minutes! So that means you have to make them. I love the combination of all of the traditional flavors...marshmallowy goodness paired with graham crackers, chocolate, and rice krispies.
You'll have a hard time eating just one, I promise.
S’mores Rice Krispies Treats
Recipe by Glorious Treats
3 Tablespoons butter
4 cups mini marshmallows
5 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1 cup Golden Grahams cereal
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1 cup chocolate chips
10 full sized graham crackers, broken in half
40 large marshmallows
- Lightly spray with cooking spray a 9″x13″ pan.
- In a large pot over medium heat, place 3 tablespoons of butter and 4 cups of marshmallows. Cook until butter and marshmallows are melted, stirring gently.
- Add rice krispies and golden grahams cereal and stir to combine.
- Add mini chocolate chips, stir quickly, and immediately pour mixture into prepared pan. Press into pan with spatula.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave (at 50% power), in 30 second intervals, stirring between intervals. Heat until just melted. Spread chocolate on top of rice krispies treats in pan.
- While the chocolate is still warm, lay graham cracker squares on top, leaving a tiny bit of space between each cracker, so you know where to cut them.
- Cool the entire pan until the chocolate has set, Cut into squares with a sharp knife, using the lines between the graham crackers as a guide. Place treats on a large baking sheet, separated slightly.
- Cut large marshmallows in half, and place cut side down onto graham crackers.
- When all the graham crackers are topped with marshmallows toast the marshmallows in the oven. Preheat your oven to broil. Place baking sheet of treats in the oven, leaving the oven door slightly ajar. Broil about 30 seconds, watch them, they can burn quickly!